|Company||Christchurch Ready Mix Concrete Ltd|
|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Wed 4 Apr, 4:15 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Reporting to the Quarries Manager, this is a dynamic and hands on role which requires a strong individual who displays strong leadership and decision making skills. The work is varied and ranges from loader operations, plant operating, developing staff, optimising the fleet though to the continuous improvement of plant and equipment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Crushing and Washing Plant technical and mechanical operations
- Operating of Loaders
- Quality control and assurance
- Quarry resource optimisation
- Plant and equipment utilisation (Production rate and run time)
- Stockpile management
- Environmental management
- Customer interface
- Divisional and inter-divisional interface
- Day to day leadership and people management
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Display a passion and drive for the aggregates industry
- A minimum of 3 years industry experience
- A or B Grade Quarry CoC, or significant progress towards
- Knowledge of aggregate types, specifications and uses
- Experience in working collaboratively with a strong track record that clearly demonstrates leadership behaviours
- A desire to work hard and deliver results
- Demonstrated commitment to Health and Safety
- Ability to plan ahead to ensure efficient use of both aggregate resource and equipment
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Be competent with computer and electronic systems
What We Offer
This role provides you the opportunity to take the next step in your career. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow and develop within our company, a company that is forward thinking and committed to developing its employees. 2018 sees the procurement of major capital items in the aggregates division, in both technology and capability advancements for the company. The successful applicant will be an integral component to both the set up and future running of this plant.
If you feel that this is your ideal role, we would love to hear from you!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.