|Company||Waste Management NZ Limited|
|Location||North Shore City, Auckland|
|Listed||Thu 5 Apr, 2:03 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Waste Management NZ Limited is New Zealand's leading resource recovery, recycling and waste management provider. We're committed to safeguarding our beautiful environment through sustainable management of our valuable resources. Put simply, sustainability is what we do.
We are leaders in the transport industry in NZ and recently announced our move to electric trucks as part of our commitment to sustainability: https://youtu.be/UZh-uEkrVag
About The Role
We have great work opportunities for experienced Landfill Operators to join our team based at our Redvale Energy Park and Landfill based in Dairy Flat.
In this role you will be responsible for driving and operating company vehicles and or Earthmoving equipment.
Key Responsibilities of the position will include:
- Controlling the placement of waste;
- Excavate, load, transport soil, gravel and other materials to compact and/or cover waste in accordance with company/contractual requirements and applicable regulations;
- Informing and assisting drivers and/or members of the public of proper placement for dumping loads to ensure most effective spreading or compacting of waste or other materials.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Class 1 or Class 2 Licenses (NZ)
- Relevant experience in operating earthmoving equipment, such as, but not limited to compactors, excavators, dump trucks and bulldozers
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Excellent work ethics and time management skills
In return we offer you an opportunity to be part of a great team committed to providing a comprehensive one stop service to meet a broad range of facility, waste, recycling and industrial needs of our clients.
How to Apply
Please note: we do not always work to fixed closing dates and may start considering applications as they are received so we encourage you to apply early.
If you believe you have the skills and experience to be a part of this exciting and growing business, please click"apply now".
WM is an EEO employer and promotes drug and alcohol free workplaces. Only applications from those with the legal right and ability to work in New Zealand will be considered for this position.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.