|Location||Hastings, Hawke's Bay|
|Listed||Tue 3 Jul, 6:04 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
We have an exciting new opportunity for two Food Production Assistants to join our Night Shift Distribution team in Hastings. These roles are full time, permanent positions working 9pm - 6am Monday to Friday. As these are brand new positions, there could potentially be some changes to this roster with the possibility of rotating with day shift.
Part of the role involves working in a chilled processing room, as well as time spent in ambient temperatures. The distribution centre is a controlled environment where food safety is paramount. It is a factory environment where you will be supplied with protective equipment such as overalls and hairnet.
In this role your responsibilities will include:
- Temperature checking cooked meat and complying with the Food Control Plan
- Shaving cooked meat on the doner machines
- Weighing and vacuum-packing the meat according to portion control guidelines
- Transferring the meat into chillers to cool
- Boxing and labelling meat and salads ready for distribution
- Documenting accurate food safety records, washing trays, cleaning, preparing boxes
Candidates must be able to demonstrate that:
- They can consistently meet the prescribed tasks
- They are reliable, flexible, and have a willingness to learn
- They work well amongst a small team
- They are able to work quickly and accurately under pressure
These are new roles in our distribution centre which we are looking to fill as soon as possible, so don't delay - apply today!
If you meet the criteria above and wish to join our fast growing business, please email us your CV with a cover letter and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org - be sure to include Food Production Assistant in the subject line.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.