|Location||Manukau City, Auckland|
|Listed||Thu 22 Feb, 8:12 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Are you available to work flexible hours – 8 hour days, early morning shift and twilight shift?
- Are you a NZ Citizen or Perm Resident?
- Join a rapidly growing, highly focused, successful and innovative biomedical company based in Airport Oaks
- Permanent full time position offering a competitive hourly rate
Our client, an enterprising NZ owned regenerative medical manufacturing company is seeking to appoint an experienced Production Technician / Packaging Machinist who can work to a very high standard in their clean/room, sterile processing department. They are presently undergoing a growth phase within their company, manufacturing unique new products ready to distribute into the marketplace.
The position requires a candidate with good hands-on mechanical and technical skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, thorough and methodical documentation skills and with a very good eye for detail.
Your role will include the daily setup and strip-down of machinery, as well as operation of the equipment during production of existing products. You will also work with the process development team to implement new technology into the production environment.
The position requires a candidate who is fast learning, willing to work in shifts (6.00 am – 2.30 pm; 2.30 pm – 11.00 pm), highly self-motivated with a high level of mechanical competency and with the ability to think outside the box. There is also scope within the development program for professional and skills development.
Ideally you'll have the following qualifications, experience and personal attributes:
- Secondary qualifications in Maths and Science are essential.
- Minimum of 2 years technical experience in a mechanical maintenance or similar role
- Experience in working with an embroidery sewing machine is most desirable
- A practical 'hands on' approach to problem solving.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new aspects of the role.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Basic computer skills.
This is a great opportunity for a person to can commit to developing and strengthening their skills under the guidance of an exceptional award winning company.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be either a NZ Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Should you have the above skills/attributes and would like to be part of this futuristic business that is `going places’, please apply today with an up to date CV and cover letter in Word format to Viv Slade – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number 02/1710/VS or phone (09) 525-5520 for more information
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.