|Company||Apollo Motorhome Holidays|
|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Thu 7 Jun, 5:11 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Apollo Motorhome Holidays is a division of Apollo Tourism & Leisure Ltd (ATL). ATL is listed on the Australian Stock Exchange and is a multi-national, vertically integrated manufacturer, rental fleet operator, wholesaler and retailer of a broad range of recreational vehicles, including motorhomes, campervans and caravans.
With locations in Australia, New Zealand, the USA and Canada, opportunities to join our team at any level are endless. Explore a new career in anything from customer service to management, either at our branches or within our Head Office in Brisbane.
Operating 23 branches across Australia and New Zealand, the USA and Canada, Apollo's continued growth and success ensures career stepping stones are always available.
Your future at Apollo is limited only by your imagination. Our dedication to staff development is a reality, not just a slogan.
With every role making real contributions to the business, you have the unique opportunity to make history as part of the Apollo success story
About the role
Applications are open for an experienced and talented Vehicle Maintenance Officer to join our successful team in our Auckland Branch.
Reporting to and supporting the Branch Manager, your duties will include the repairs and maintenance of all functional elements in our campervans and motorhomes.
The duties concentrate around the living area of the vehicle and not so much the mechanical side of the vehicle.
As a Vehicle Maintenance Officer you will also provide technical advice and assistance to the manager and your team to ensure that we meet and exceed customer service standards and guest expectations.
You'll enjoy the opportunities to show initiative and take on a variety of tasks each day.
Being in the tourism industry, we are operating seven days a week and this position requires your availability five days per week from 8 am to 5 pm, which will also include rotating weekend rosters.
Skills and Experience
We are looking for a team player with good work ethics. A relevant trade qualification (e.g. RV manufacturing, cabinetmaking, carpentry, shop fitting) will be highly regarded but experience counts.
In addition you should have:
- a minimum of two years practical experience in a maintenance role (e.g. hotels/motel/vehicles/caravans or related maintenance),
- an open driver's license and good driving record,
- good attention to detail,
- the ability to work unsupervised within a team environment,
- a positive can-do attitude,
- reliability and good time management skills,
- the ability to meet deadlines.
Key criteria and responsibilities
- Undertake repairs, preventive maintenance and refurbishment of our fleet,
- Provide reliable and accurate maintenance knowledge, expertise and practical application to minimize downtime of the fleet,
- Sound understanding of technical use of specific tools,
- Relative knowledge of facilities maintenance,
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills,
- Intermediate computer skills,
- High standards of housekeeping throughout the workshop.
Culture and Benefits
We offer an attractive salary package and you will be able to take advantage of our generous staff rental policy.
If you are looking for a largely autonomous and challenging, yet, rewarding role within a small and supportive team, and you believe you possess the required skills and experiences, then please apply now.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.