|Location||Rotorua, Bay Of Plenty|
|Listed||Tue 10 Apr, 6:30 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
During our history we have become recognised internationally, as being at the forefront of innovation, design and customer focus in the field of customised vehicles, emergency vehicle manufacture and project management.
With our business centrally located in Rotorua, the lifestyle is the envy of many - volcanic craters, lakes and forests make it a region rich in activities. From walks, to fishing, to four-wheel driving to relaxing in the therapeutic thermal pools, there's something for everyone in Rotorua.
About the role
Our business is growing and we are looking for a Stores and Purchasing Manager to join our team. This is a newly created role reporting to the Managing Director. This is a real opportunity to make this role your own and will be 'hands on' and may suit someone looking to step up and take charge. You will need to have stores and purchasing experience in transport engineering in New Zealand or a similar industry. From setting up warehouse systems, picking and packing orders, accepting deliveries into our store through to pricing and negotiating with our suppliers, this role covers it all.
- Inventory or warehouse experience in transport engineering or associated industry.
- Sound knowledge of forecasting and demand planning
- Confidence in negotiating with suppliers
- Experience setting up of inventory, warehouse and distribution systems
- Excellent computer, numerical and analytical skills
- Experience using QuickBooks an advantage
- Be a team player with good communication skills, organisation and time-management skills
- A clean full Class 1 licence – HT licence ideal but not essential
- Forklift endorsement
- A strong health and safety focus
- Must be a New Zealand resident or have the right to work in NZ
- Be able to pass a drug and alcohol test
People enjoy working here because we offer an ambitious and supportive learning environment providing opportunities for career progression. Our people are motivated with a drive to succeed, but also know how to have a laugh and enjoy themselves.
Mills-Tui can offer you extensive employee benefits including:
- Potential assistance with relocation costs
- Ongoing training and assistance with obtaining licences
- Uniform and PPE
- Discounted personal banking package
- Staff social club
- Annual medical check
- Flu vaccinations
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.