|Company||District Health Boards (DHB)/Waikato District H...|
|Listed||Sat 12 Oct, 2:15 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
The details: Permanent, 40 hours per week
Are you an accomplished individual with experience in managing an operational team across multiple locations within a complex supply chain function and have proven ability of managing relationships with key stakeholders?
About the role:
The environment is fast-paced and it is essential that you are able to thrive in a fluid environment with shifting priorities. If this sounds like the challenge you are looking for, this role is for you!
Waikato DHB is a tertiary hospital based in Hamilton with satellite hospitals in Thames, Te Kuiti, Taumarunui and Tokoroa. Servicing the population of the Midland region, this is a great opportunity for an experienced individual to join the team that manages the end to end supply chain for Waikato DHB. This role is not a procurement role, we are looking for someone with solid supply chain operations experience managing teams of up to 50 people.
This is an operational role with responsibility for a team of up to 25 people that work across the Hamilton Pembroke Street campus, managing the inventory for 60+ Wards/Clinics servicing 210+ unique stocking locations with up to $4M inventory under management as well as up to $15M consigned inventory under management.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Responsible for ensuring that the DHB's supply chain activities are executed to the highest standard on a daily basis. This involves working individually and as part of the team to ensure continuity of the supply chain service as well as liaising and working closely with key stakeholders.
- The provision of leadership and support for direct reports, ensuring they have the skills and abilities to be successful is key to ensuring that the overall team has a high level of morale and engagement.
- The role has delegated authority to manage both direct budget for the service as well as managing inventory that is either owned or consigned to a combined value of up to $25M.
- You must be comfortable with being able to provide stand-in for the two key reports being Logistics Manager - Ward, Clinic & Other Services and Logistics Manager - Theatre and Critical Care Services, as well as for the Director - Supply Chain as required.
- Accountable for day to day leadership and daily operational management of the Supply Chain Logistics team.
- Monitoring via the direct reports on daily work flows, and supports the team to ensure operational targets are being met and daily tasks are co-ordinated, completed and understood.
- Ensuring that members of the team are managed and/or mentored in a way that demonstrates their value to the organisation and is consistent with good employer principles including adherence at all times to health and safety protocols.
- Consistently works to develop great relationships with key stake holders.
- Expedites issue resolution to ensure the integrity and continued supply to all Clinical serviced areas.
- Applicable tertiary or professional qualification in Supply Chain or proven experience in lieu of such qualification.
- Minimum of 10 years experience within the Supply Chain function in a medium to large organisation preferably in a health focused role.
- Proven people leadership and management in similar organisations and work environments indirectly leading a team of 40+ people.
- Proven leadership in managing a complex supply chain incorporating direct and 3PL models.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload in a busy and changing environment and demonstrate a calm and professional manner at all times.
- Solid knowledge of data analysis, inventory management software, and forecasting techniques and tools.
- Have experience with an established ERP system similar to Oracle (preferable) or SAP.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skillset and proven customer facing capability.
- Proven background of someone with a positive and strong 'can do' attitude.
Please apply directly online, and click here to view the position description. Applications are not able to be accepted via email. For any specific queries about the role, please contact Robyn Payne in the Recruitment Team at 07 839 8899 ext. 98923 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 23 October 2019
Theme "People at Heart" - Te iwi Ngakaunui
- Give and earn respect - Whakamana
- Listen to me; talk to me - Whakarongo
- Fair play - Mauri Pai
- Growing the good - Whakapakari
- Stronger together - Kotahitanga
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.