|Location||Rotorua, Bay Of Plenty|
|Listed||Thu 12 Jul, 2:08 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Damar Industries is a successful, privately owned New Zealand Company operating from a modern, purpose built factory. We manufacture and handle a diverse range of products in 3 key sectors - Chemicals, Coatings and Aerosols.
- Fast paced environment
- Supportive management structure
- Full time position with stable employer
We are currently looking for a Trainee QC to join our Quality team. You will thrive on assisting the team to meet schedule deadlines and have the ability to follow standard operating procedures and health and safety practices. You will be technically minded, with an eye for detail and a thirst for knowledge.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting and learning the QC roles for Factory and Aerosol;
- Helping the team with customer complaint investigations and resolution;
- Assisting with process auditing, development and maintenance of Product Specification sheets and SOP's;
- Reducing the number of MPIs and CCPs by ensuring all quality issues are detected and rectified;
- Education of staff towards controls and procedures.
You will have at least two years' experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably with knowledge of SQC (statistical quality control) practices, knowledge of Batch making, and exhibit the following attributes and abilities:
- NCEA Level 3 is preferred;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent communication skills - written and oral;
- Physically fit and be able to lift up to 25kgs;
- Ability to build effective working relationships with internal customers.
Damar Industries is committed to being a drug and alcohol free workplace
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid work visa