|Company||Technical Recruitment Solutions Ltd|
|Pay & Benefits||Attractive salary|
|Listed||Thu 14 Nov, 4:02 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Supportive team environment and great lifestyle location
- Senior Quality role, mentoring a team
Miraka is a commercially successful Maori business and proud winners of the Maori Agribusiness Award at the 2018 Ministry of Primary Industries Good Employer Awards Ceremony. Nurturing our natural resources and people is our vision and our strong values are integrated into our entire operational structure and practiced routinely. We use sustainable and renewable geothermal energy and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to process raw milk into powders and UHT products.
We are not only a company well established in the NZ dairy-processing industry; we deliver products to a world-wide market from the heart of New Zealand – Mokai (30 minutes north-west of Taupo). We will continue to ‘Nurture our World’ as Kaitiaki and strive to be World Class in every aspect.
We are seeking a Quality Manager to lead our Quality team. You will be reporting to the General Manager Operations and responsible for the administration of the company’s compliance programs including regulatory sampling and testing regimes. You will ensure that all company standards and objectives are met with regard to Quality and are accountable for the overall quality of products released to our customers.
In a typical day you’ll be:
- Developing and managing the company risk management HACCP program to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Developing, managing and maintaining the company’s quality inspection and product release program.
- Leading and directing process improvement initiatives in the plant.
- Developing, implementing, communicating and managing the company’s quality management system and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Educating and enforcing the requirements of the principles of HACCP, QA and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Responsible for managing five positions reporting to you.
This job will be for you if you:
Have a relevant technical or science qualification, with experience in quality management and auditing.
- Have proven experience quality management role within the dairy industry.
- Have previous experience in the development and management of quality teams and systems and knowledge of the regulatory and compliance environment for food manufacturing.
- Current knowledge and experience with MPI regulations pertaining to export of dairy products
- Have achieved excellence in industry regulation and manufacturing compliance.
- Have previously established and fostered quality system disciplines; maintained and reviewed systems, processes and procedures to improve efficiencies and compliance.
- Can achieve quality measures and monitor and report on customer complaints.
- Are an excellent leader, coach and mentor.
- Have good time keeping skills, are self-motivated and can manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Are great at building and maintaining strong relationships with staff and external stakeholders.
- Have strong influencing skills.
- Are willing to contribute to the wider Miraka team, display the Miraka values and embrace our unique culture and point of difference.
In return, Miraka offers a competitive salary, a supportive and close-knit team environment, and the opportunity for you to develop both yourself and your new team. Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit and a Full Drivers Licence.
PLEASE NOTE: this position will be based at the Miraka plant which is a 30-minute commute from Taupo.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below. For a confidential enquiry, contact Tony De Barr on 0800 171 000
Nau mai, haere mai
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.