|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Mon 6 Nov, 6:01 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Mix of office/hands-on
- Down to earth organisation
- Stable permanent position
This respected Engineering / Manufacturer of agricultural equipment have been based in Rakaia for 30 years. With a wide range of services and dairy products, they are the "one stop shop" for all their clients agricultural needs. From designing and building dairy sheds to supplying feeds silos, they do it all.
Working closely with the Production Manager you will play a key role ensuring production targets are meet in the Fabrication / Assembly workshop.
Main responsibilities and duties:
- Determine priorities, schedule / plan critical projects and set deadlines
- Ensure material is calculated, ordered and ready ahead of schedule
- Allocate staff and resources to projects
- Check quality and accuracy of production staff, addressing non-compliance
- Provide training to staff, monitoring staff levels
- Monitoring costs
- Lead Health and Safety initiatives
This isn't an "office job" be prepared to get your hands dirty! Get right in the mix and put your technical skills to work during peak times. You don't need to be a master fabricator but a general aptitude is required.
This is a stable role with a well established organisation operating across many sectors. You can expect family friendly work hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am starts. A fair hourly rate will be based on experience.
We are looking for a highly organised and methodical individual with proven leadership experience in a production / manufacturing environment. Critical to your success in this role:
- Strong computer literacy, use of web based programmes and Microsoft office suite
- Proven time management skills and strict standards for quality
- Professional and diplomatic when addressing issues
- A background in Engineering and technical production environments
- Understanding of materials and consumables
- Proactive attitude
- HT class 2 or 4 licence a bonus.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact Chiel on 0800 171 000 or email email@example.com
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.