|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Fri 3 Aug, 4:08 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Why you would like it:
- Autonomy with great support from best in-the-industry experts
- Opportunity for genuine growth and development in the design space
- Relaxed, trendy Parnell location
This home-grown business is revolutionising the way in which consumers/traders in this industry interact, share ideas, and transact with one another. As such, the road map for this business will see them launch into the US market in late 2018/19 with a web platform and service offering that has gained a great reputation, industry network and profitable momentum here in New Zealand.
The main business platform serves as a membership / transactional web service but there is so much more to explore with this slick and comprehensive offering, with some wonderful and prominent client case studies. So, this is a critical time for our client as they look to launch a number of new web features and functionality, client projects, and also re-skin some of their existing ones.
This year alone has seen the tech side of the business advance into the cloud, and consequently experience a surge in site reliability, traffic and even membership uptake. They are making best preparations for ground-breaking future commercial projects in advanced design projects for the architecture, design, and photography industry.
As a result of some hefty market wins, generous funding and lofty 2018/19 projections the team needs to grow, and this is where you come in....
Your role will be split into two areas: graphic design and helping out with administrative tasks as required. On the graphic design front you`ll play a hands on role responsible for the design and layout of the weekly newsletter/EDM product catalogue promoting the company brands and specials. You`ll also assist the design team of 3 others with any required tasks around branding or promotion work.
On the administrative side you`ll work extremely closely with the digital content manager assisting with any upcoming campaigns, events, answering phones and occasionally liaising with customers and clients. The role is largely focussed on the graphic design duties, however we are looking for a promising individual, happy to get stuck in and help out with these office admin tasks as required.
In return you`ll be supported from a highly-driven and professional team and will see your career go in a number of possible directions! There is a very real opportunity to learn and progress in the areas of Graphic, Digital, UI and UX design.
What we need to see in your background:
- Recent design graduate or 1-2 years commercial experience in Graphic design
- A demonstrable personal or professional project portfolio of compelling Graphic projects
- Solid experience using modern design tools, such as Adobe CC, Photoshop, Sketch or related
- Experience with video editing and/or Adobe Premier Pro advantageous
- Excellent communication skills and exceptional phone manner
- Friendly disposition, team player, gets on well with others
- Incredibly high customer service standards and ideally prior experience dealing with customers over the phone
- This is NOT a senior position. We are looking ONLY at the next generation of up-and-comers, juniors and intermediates.
In return, you can expect an experienced, supportive and encouraging team, who want to see you grow your career and lead projects for the business.
Please note; you must be in Auckland for immediate face-to-face interviews, and you must possess the right to live and work in New Zealand, to be considered for this role.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.