|Listed||Sun 3 Mar, 9:27 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Drury based role, live and work locally with no compromise on career development
Team focused design studio where creativity, asking questions and humour is encouraged
Varied and dynamic role, part time working arrangements could be considered for the right person
Lightbox Creative is an ideas focused design studio balancing creativity and ten years commercial experience. We believe design is be a powerful commercial tool in the marketing mix. Our core skill is pushing boundaries and opening up new outcomes for our clients challenges and objectives. We maintain a broad perspective whilst specialising in visual communication for digital and print mediums. The joy is in problem solving and seeing projects come alive.
As a Senior Designer at Lightbox Creative your primary purpose is to produce high quality graphic design. We have a collaborative approach and in this role you’ll work closely with our studio manager as and when required to help with the overall effectiveness of the business. No two days will be the same, and you can expect this position to be a ‘rollup your sleeves’ type of job, one minute you’ll be diving into illustrator the next photoshopping, at times painting studio sets, then back to inDesign.
Here's a few more highlights of what you can expect to be involved in:
- Interpreting client briefs
- Conducting research
- Working through creative direction with studio manager
- Developing and presenting concepts
- Mock ups if required
- Confidently create design materials and assets for digital and print media
- Complete design developments and edits from client
- Proofing both digitally and printed
- If required, print production (stocks, binding, print processes etc)
- Source print quotes
- Finalise artwork and complete pre-press
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate professional who has an intuitive eye for design, a skill for layout and an instinctive approach to finding solutions for our range of clients.
We’re a people focused studio and we’ve created an environment where everyone can be the best version of themselves. This ensures ideas flourish, norms are challenged and brainstorms storm. In order to be considered for this opportunity you’ll need the following skills and attributes:
- Demonstrated interest in and understanding of others
- Strong team player and builds team spirit
- Listens, consults and communicates pro-actively
- Pro-active and self-starts rather than passively accepting status quo
- Makes active attempts to influence events and take action to achieve goals beyond what is required to do
- Plans activities and projects in advance and adapts to changing circumstances
- Manages time effectively
- Shares resources, knowledge and expertise to achieve overall studio and project objectives.
- Consistently adopts ‘best for project’ approach involving the most appropriate people
- Creates and promotes an environment of collaboration and cooperation within the studio
- Adobe CC
- Any additional strengths to diversify the studios talent
Typography, Colours, Design Sensibilities, Trend Awareness, Fluid and balanced layups, Intuitive Eye
Please email your portfolio to email@example.com and include a CV & covering letter outlining your suitability for and interest in the role. Along with a two sentence answer outlining what you think it means to be a ‘curious challenging rebel’.
Closing Date: 29th March
We are growing so will start interviewing as soon as inspiring portfolios hit our desks. We’re a small studio so please be patient while we manage applications, we will only provide feedback to applicants in which we interview.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.