|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Fri 5 Jul, 12:01 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- The sole UI designer working across multiple projects
- Creative and dynamic team culture feel
- Independent and fun work environment
Great opportunity to join a fast-growing company with a great work culture and colleagues who are always looking for ways to improve the business.
About the role:
Our client is looking for a UI designer to join their team and be responsible for the company's design and experience across web, mobile apps, and other online marketing channels. This person will have an innate ability to design solutions that delight customers. That requires a rare & unique combo of strong customer empathy, an analytical disposition, and good old-fashioned design chops.
They're looking for someone experienced in a sole charge design role, in a fast-moving & fluid environment. You'll collaborate with product and development colleagues creating delightful, frictionless experiences. They're a data-driven business and want people who are laser-focused on solving customer problems in the most simple & elegant way possible, and demonstrating data-driven results.
You would be the sole UI resource and therefore have ownership of all design; web, mobile and marketing.
Experience & attributes:
- Understanding the needs and wants of the users
- Developing simple designs that delight them, across all platforms
- Optimising core user flows
- Ensuring their brand essence & value proposition pervades logo, UI & everything else they consume
- Working collaboratively with all other parts of the business, ensuring there are great consistency and alignment in the UX Experience & attributes
- Strong aptitude in web and mobile design
- Strong and current understanding of UX and UI conventions
- Has experience working in online space (SaaS, marketplace, e-commerce)
- Nice to have - HTML and CSS ability to optimise internal workflows
- Web and mobile app portfolio
- Strong problem-solver and initiative
- Ability to perform in a team environment; understanding overall roadmap and context of individual projects, communicating with stakeholders and development team
- A positive attitude; someone upbeat who will inject energy into the team, and contribute to the culture
- And more broadly someone who demonstrates values that are in line with theirs.
- Must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa
They will want to see your portfolio when applying. They will also consider this role for someone looking to work a minimum 20 hour workweek.
If this sounds like something you are interested in, apply now and we will get in touch!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.