|Listed||Fri 12 Jul, 9:16 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
HainesAttract and LookSee are looking for a talented Website and Digital Designer with a background in Web and UI/UX design to create beautiful work and amazing user experiences.
About the role
This role is responsible for designing, coordinating and ensuring the production and delivery of websites and digital technology for our clients and internal marketing initiatives. This involves working on a continually changing array of projects in various stages in different industries at the same time. The projects focus on website design while also integrating video production and other digital media assets.
On any given day you could be:
- Providing website and digital technology advice on innovative design, standards, usability, and accessibility.
- Creating designs for user interfaces, visual components, and imagery for websites, and digital media like banner ads and animations.
- Designing and presenting concepts including wireframes, mockups, storyboards, user flows, and site maps.
- Providing advice on timeframes and costs to design or implement projects.
- Working with external and internal developers.
- Researching the latest developments and trends.
- We’re a collaborative team who thrive on self-directed people who love a little banter, but know how to get the job done.
Skills and experience
As a critical thinker and visual web designer, you find the balance between the client’s needs with the user experience to create finely-crafted design that engages with meaning.
- Expertise and experience with web design backed up by a strong portfolio.
- Ability to balance independently delivering work with collaborative concept development.
- Ability to work under pressure, juggle multiple tasks and manage competing priorities and deadlines.
- Knowledge and a passion for staying on top of the latest trends in the field.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and similar graphic development tools.
- Extensive understanding of web-based technologies and integration including UI, UX, mobile responsive frameworks (e.g. bootstrap), content management systems, coding (e.g. HTML, CSS, JS), and analytical tools including SEM and SEO.
- Ideally three-five years experience or a combination of qualifications and experience in web and digital design.
- Preferred but not required, experience with video production.
We have a relaxed friendly culture – we love our espresso machine, healthy office snacks, birthday cakes, and Friday nibbles. We offer a competitive package and a range of perks like flexible working, fitness subsidies, tech discounts and an employee assistance programme.
We live and breathe by our values of:
- Being people experts – we get people and know what makes them tick!
- Adaptable – understanding, customising and adapting solutions to suit.
- Ambitious – staying ahead of the game, embracing change and encouraging new ideas.
- We’re better together – the magic happens when we effectively collaborative as a team.
We'd love to hear from you, apply online at careers.hainesattract.co.nz