|Company||Rotorua Lakes Council|
|Location||Rotorua, Bay Of Plenty|
|Listed||Wed 28 Mar, 1:46 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
The Communications Manager is responsible for developing and implementing communication strategies and programmes to market Rotorua as a unique and desirable destination and assist in the co-ordinated delivery of aligned communications across stakeholders, industry and key influencers.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for someone who can:
- Develop and execute internal and external communication strategies and work plans
- Develop inspiring communication messages that can be used for advocacy, marketing and communication purposes
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with strategic contacts in the New Zealand and international television, radio, press and web based media
- Achieve media exposure which balances quantity and the desire for targeted, high quality exposure
- Provide great leadership and oversee the production of marketing collateral and materials.
The person that we are looking for will demonstrate the following essential requirements to be successful in this busy role:
- Diploma or tertiary qualification in journalism, public relations, marketing, communications or related discipline
- Proven broad-based senior communications management experience, with particular strength in online, social media, media relations, message development and online reputation management
- Proven record in the development and implementation of communication plans and execution at a senior level across multiple stakeholders and channels
- Outstanding communications skills - ability to convey information and ideas accurately and clearly in all media and in a way that meets the needs of a diverse audience
- Effective networking and relationship management skills - ability to build effective relationships, share information as appropriate and seek organisational rather than individual results
- Proven ability in developing and delivering results-based strategies and plans and integrating them with other business units
This is a full time, permanent opportunity to join a high performing team of dynamic, results-focused people passionate about making a difference.
- Think you’re up for the challenge?
- Do you want to become part of our exciting journey?
Check out the position description and send us your application now.
Applications close on 12th April 2018