|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Wed 8 Aug, 9:58 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Our client is a leading supplier of hardware to the construction industry. Established for over 60 years and with 4 showrooms nationally they are passionate about what they do and proud to be the industry leader in their field.
This role is based in their Mt Wellington head office.
Reporting to the Inventory Manager, this is a wide and varied role requiring a person with genuine flexibility, willingness to tackle any task and a naturally curious mind.
The primary responsibility of the role is database administration and maintaining the consistency and accuracy of inventory. Secondary, to inventory and data administration is website maintenance, understanding the product and assisting with development of systems as well as performing other general administrative tasks within the team.
• Data entry
• Maintenance of the inventory database including pricing updates
• Proactively identify opportunities for improvements to processes, policies and planning, and assist with their implementation where applicable;
• Provide fast turnarounds in relation to updating and entering data
• Supporting the Inventory Manager as and when required
You will be an extremely detail oriented person with a genuine enthusiasm for managing data quality, highlighting issues and contributing to continuous improvement in data quality
You will need to be a resilient and quick learner as well as a natural problem solver, unfazed by the multitude of tasks and changing requirements of each day.
The successful candidate will be cool under the pressure to meet tight deadlines. You will be able to think outside the square to make the impossible happen while maintaining an open honest approach and above all a great sense of humour.
You will be open to ongoing product training (this will be provided) to ensure a full understanding of the database that you are managing.
Superior communication and relationship building skills are paramount for this role to provide seamless internal and external customer liaison.
Skills and Experience
• At least 1-years’ experience in data entry, excellent data entry skills and great attention to detail
• Excellent written and spoken English communication skills, strong numeracy skills and advanced skills in MS Excel are essential.
• Previous experience in website management whilst not essential would be advantageous
To be eligible for this position you must currently reside in NZ and have a legal right to work permanently in this country.