Company Te Runanga O Whaingaroa
Location Far North, Northland
Listed Fri 9 Mar, 4:34 pm
Type Full time, Permanent
Reference Social Worker
Te Runanga O Whaingaroa (TROW) is a mandated Iwi organisation and registered Charitable Trust delivering holistic services in the mid-north/far north region, from Bay of Islands, east coast and up to Mangonui, to all families/whanau and individuals seeking supports - Maori and Non-Maori.

We deliver social, health, education, housing, justice, and information/ advice services to all families/whanau in our service delivery area.

We are committed to delivering excellence by being a high performance organisation, at the heart of which are our values of manaakitanga, Whakaiti, pono, Aroha, Kia Mohio, Me Matau, kia Uu, ki Mau and Whanau.

Skills and experience

We are looking for someone with:


Build and maintain relationships with whanau, rangatahi and other key stakeholders
Excellent communication (listening, oral & written) & interpersonal skills
Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
Capable administration & record keeping skills
Proficient in Te Reo and/or an understanding of Maori customs/principles
Able to facilitate hui and or wananga
Passionate about empowering whanau to gain greater control over their lives
Ability to problem solve, prioritise, and use initiative appropriately
Thorough & attentive to detail


Must hold a recognised qualification under the current requirements of Social Workers Registration Act 2003

Be a registered Social Worker, or working towards registration

Criminal Convictions clean slate provisions apply
Full driver's license
How to apply:

A full Job Description and Application form are available by contacting Te Runanga O Whaingaroa on 09 4050340 or by email to

Applications for this position must be received by 5pm Friday 30th March 2018, TROW Office Kaeo

All applications are to include a completed application form, CV and accompanied by a covering letter

Please ensure you use the position title "Social Worker" as reference

Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.