|Listed||Thu 5 Jul, 3:25 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Waterford Bloodstock is an Independent Bloodstock Company that provides quality services for all aspects of bloodstock management and consultancy across the globe.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Liasing with stud managers and vets regarding management of breeding and youngstock.
- Liasing with consignors regarding placement and sale of bloodstock interests.
- Evaluate and report on progress of breeding and youngstock.
- Attend bloodstock sales globally and assist in the purchase of breeding and racing stock.
- Co-ordinate movements of bloodstock both locally and between International jurisdictions. Prior experience handling International imports and exports of bloodstock is crucial.
- Maintain database related to all horses in the bloodstock portfolio.
- Liase with trainers regarding horse progress, race programming and desired outcomes.
- Provide updates regarding race horse progress, race performance and make relevant recommendations.
- Liase with veterinarians and relevant professionals regarding rehabilitation and management of injured horses.
- Identify horses in training for private purchase
- Co-ordinate movements of racing stock globally
- Represent connectionson race day when required and at functions.
The applicant should have a robust background in global bloodstock and racing with a strong knowledge of bloodstock portfolio management and racing form.
Relevant experience and familiarity with the key players in the market, different practices and nuances across multiple global jurisdictions including New Zealand, Australia, USA, Europe, Singapore and China is a must.
A significant amount of travel is involved and being able to work independently and maintain continuity of communication with relevant vendors and stakeholders regarding stock whilst travelling is essential.
Top Strengths and Qualities
A suitable candidate needs to be competent in managing their time, available to travel at ease on a global basis and able to demonstrate competent computer skills, particularly using Ardex and Excel.
- Completion of a tertiary qualification.
- Experience with Ardex and Excel and completion of reports.
- Experience in management of racing stock including race programming, handicapping, identification of potential horses to purchase and all facets of management and training.
- Experience with inspection and evaluation of bloodstock, including knowledge of values in global markets.
- Hands on experience in handling and preparing bloodstock for sale
- Completion of a globally recognised management and leadership training program that specialises in the international Thoroughbred racing and breeding industry.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.