|Company||Waikato District Health Board|
|Listed||Fri 6 Jul, 4:01 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Public Health Unit, Population Health
80 hours per fortnight
Talofa lava, Tena koe, Kia orana, Talohani, Malo e lelei,
Fakaalofa lahi atu, Talofa, Ni Sabula vinaka and greetings
The Health Improvement team has an exciting opportunity for a motivated, skilled member to make a positive difference while improving the health and wellbeing of Pacific, Maori and other vulnerable or hard to reach communities within the Waikato region.
To sustainably improve the health and wellbeing of Waikato communities in the settings of our everyday lives, the Health Improvement team aims to engage with and inspire communities in a continuous process of inquiry, planning, action and transformation. We do this by creating supportive environments that make the healthy choice the easy choice.
Our Health Improvement team works in partnership with the leaders and decision makers in a range of settings to prioritise wellbeing, advance whanauora, and achieve health equity. We use a settings based approached and work in four settings teams: Healthy Whanau, Healthy Education, Healthy Workplaces, and Local Government/Health in all Policies.
The successful applicant will:
- Be an accomplished public health professional committed to radically improving health outcomes and reducing inequities in Pacific communities
- Have a positive, strength based attitude, be open to innovation and have the confidence to hit the ground running
- Be people focussed, team orientated, adaptable, delivery driven, computer literate, and have fantastic communication skills
- Ideally be experienced in: prioritising activities, project management including planning, implementation and evaluation
- Knowledge of Pacific settings, leadership and frameworks; together with knowledge of and relationships with local Pacific organisations, iwi and communities within the Waikato rohe will set you apart from other applicants
- Experience with Pacific communities and health promotion/ public health; accompanied by a qualification in public health or a relevant field is preferred
- Have the legal right to work in New Zealand
The Public Health Unit of the Waikato District Health Board, in striving for excellence, has a strategic priority to provide improved health and wellbeing for Maori, Pacific and other vulnerable peoples in this region.
Closing Date: 22 July 2018
Theme "People at Heart" - Te iwi Ngakaunui
- Give and earn respect - Whakamana
- Listen to me; talk to me - Whakarongo
- Fair play - Mauri Pai
- Growing the good - Whakapakari
- Stronger together - Kotahitanga