|Listed||Fri 6 Jul, 4:52 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
• Full Time Position
• Wellington or Christchurch based role
Bathurst Resources is New Zealand’s largest specialist coal company. We produce over 2.2 million tonnes of coal each year and proudly employ over 450 people.
At Bathurst, we understand and accept the challenge of responsible mineral extraction and supply. We're committed to sustainable development where economic growth is coupled with respect for conservation and community values.
We are currently seeking a motivated person to be part of a growing team of friendly and professional people in the role as:
Group Consents and Planning Manager
Leading our company on environmental planning activities, the Group Consents and Planning Manager will mentor, coach and provide technical guidance as an essential part of the role. A "think outside the box" approach and a high degree of initiative with a consistently positive and collaborative attitude are required. This role provides an opportunity to work on many diverse exciting projects and travel to unique locations within New Zealand.
Reporting to the site General Manager Health Safety Environment and Community, the Group Consents and Planning Manager will manage the timely and high-quality delivery of environmental planning approvals across the company.
To be successful in the role you will have:
• A tertiary qualification environmental planning or environmental science or associated field of study (preference for post-graduate qualifications)
• Minimum of ten years experience in managing and preparing applications for a variety of environmental approvals, preferably in the resources sector
• A thorough understanding and proven application relevant planning legislation, regulations, policies and guidelines relating to environmental approvals
• Demonstrated experience working in a team environment although the ability to also work autonomously is paramount
• Proven experience with management of multi-disciplinary technical project teams and ability to manage associated budgets
• Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders at all levels
• Advanced verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Oversee the preparation of reports to exceptional technical and editorial standards with a high attention to detail and accuracy
• Problem solving and analytical skills for interpreting planning issues and delivering effective results
• Demonstrated ability and willingness to regularly travel across our sites and undertake fieldwork as required
• Hold a strong commitment to natural resource management
• Valid New Zealand Drivers Licence or equivalent
The ideal applicant will have experience in a similar position. We are in an ideal position to support and develop careers for those looking to work in an exciting part of New Zealand's natural resources sector. In return we offer you an overriding commitment to safety and zero harm, a supportive work environment, a residential lifestyle (5/2) and a competitive remuneration package.
The location of this role will be flexible for the right self-starting candidate.
If you are interested in applying for a position, please send a copy of your updated CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is only flexible between Wellington and Christchurch
Applications close: 16th July 2018
You must have the right to legally live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this position.