|Company||Horowhenua District Council|
|Location||Horowhenua, Manawatu / Wanganui|
|Listed||Thu 12 Jul, 5:01 pm|
|Type||Part time, Contract/Temp|
The Levin Aquatic Centre opened its doors in 1990 and today is acknowledged as an outstanding success, boasting an annual average of 120,000 visitors through its doors. They come to enjoy a variety of activities such as learn to swim, aquacise, fitness training and recreational water fun including the hydro slide. Add to this swim club, canoe polo club, underwater hockey club, masters swim club and water polo and you can see why it is so popular!
Aquatics Horowhenua believe there are many good reasons for you to be interested in this role. Here's why we believe you will love this job:
- First and foremost you will be providing an amazing public service to our community through ensuring enjoyment and active supervision by identifying risks, hazards and the prevention of accidents.
- This is your opportunity to become a nationally recognised qualified lifeguard. You will receive paid training, we only require of you to pass your qualifications.
- This is a fantastic foundation for a career in the leisure industry. Many senior managers began their rise to management and specialist functions by lifeguarding at their local pools. We offer a wide opportunity for career progression such as Poolside Team Leader, Operations Manager, Aquatics Manager etc. Included into this career path is being part of the whole Horowhenua District Council.
- The opportunity to get fit. Not only will you have to have a basic level of fitness to become a lifeguard but you will be encouraged to stay fit and get fitter.
- If you're a competitive type there is plenty of opportunity to show off your lifeguarding talents in events like the Lifeguard Championships at WAVES which is organized by NZRA.
Our ideal candidates will either possess or be willing to obtain a Pool Lifeguard Practicing Certificate, a current First Aid Certificate & a current driver's license.
Fixed term positions are for 8 months to operate the Foxton swimming pool. You will not be limited to the Foxton swimming pool but also the opportunity to potentially work at Levin Aquatic Centre or Shannon school pool. Hours will vary between minimum 24 hours per fortnight or minimum 70 hours per fortnight. There may be opportunities to apply for the following Foxton pool season.
We are a 7 day a week business, offering rostered hours between 5.30am - 9.30pm; including weekends at our local centres in Levin, Foxton & Shannon.
If you are interested, please consider this opportunity. Potential Lifeguards will be required to complete a swim and job suitability assessment prior to an interview & successful applicants will attend a full week of training. Applicants will need to undergo the usual pre-employment checks including drug and criminal history checks.
We have various positions available throughout the year and invite you to take this opportunity to see if this is a career for you.