|Company||Te Tihi o Ruahine Whanau Ora Alliance|
|Location||Palmerston North, Manawatu / Wanganui|
|Listed||Fri 13 Jul, 4:06 pm|
|Type||Full time, Contract/Temp|
We are looking for a dynamic and inspirational person to work their magic in our Kainga Whanau Ora Pilot Initiative. The Pilot will work with whanau living in Housing NZ households in Palmerston North using a Collective Impact framework. We have 15 Partner organisations involved in the Pilot so you will also need to have awesome relationship and facilitation skills. You will be focussed on working alongside whanau to recognise their strengths and not ‘fixing’ things for them.
Kainga Whanau Ora has four main goals:
• All whanau live in structurally safe, warm, dry homes within flourishing communities in Palmerston North
• These same whanau have access to workshops and educational opportunities which increases knowledge and skills to make improved decisions
• Whanau live in loving and respectful relationships free of violence
• Partner organisation system change (policy and legislation).
The primary objectives for this role are:
• Advocacy; Promoter of whanau aspirations
• Brokerage; Engage the best people, opportunities, services suited to whanau needs
• Coaching; Supporting whanau to succeed in their goals, guide skill development and manage change
You will have:
• a sound working knowledge of Whanau Ora as a Social Movement, be a self-starter with loads of initiative and energy, broad networks, IT literate, competent in te reo me ona tikanga.
It would be an advantage for you to have completed Te Ara Whanau Ora training.
Te Tihi is committed to realising the aspirations of Whanau Ora and is an entity that brings together local Iwi/ Maori health and social servcie providers, hapu and marae voices and local branches of national Maori organisations.
If you would like a copy of the Job Description and Application form, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in applying for this fixed term position, send the application form, a cover letter and your CV to email@example.com. Applications close on Tuesday 24th July 2018.