|Listed||Fri 9 Mar, 8:32 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Enjoy a retail environment where you can see your product whizz off the shelves. You’ll interact with customers helping them choose best cuts of meat for a particular dish. You know presentation is key and will maintain the service case. You’re eager to share your knowledge by training and developing apprentices in the team. Cutting, trimming and packing product for the meat case as well as cutting to order on occasion for the customers.
To thrive in this role you’ll:
- Hold a National certificate in Butchery
- Have a demonstrated knowledge and love for the trade
- Have excellent prioritisation skills enabling you to manage your workload across ordering, stock taking and rostering
- Be self motivated with a strong initiative and comfortable working at pace to meet tight deadlines
- Be an effective communicator you delight in Customer and team engagement
- Be outgoing and energetic which will see you fit in well with our professional and friendly team environment.
- Have a keen eye for detail ensuring there’s not a meat pack out of place
Countdown are NZ’s largest grocery retailer with 180+ supermarkets serving over 2.5 million Kiwis each week. We are committed to helping our team of over 16,000 realise their potential; in fact our Managing Director started as a trolley collector. Community and environmentally conscious, it’s great making Kiwis lives a little bit easier each week.
If you’re a qualified butcher who's ready to showcase your skills click to apply
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.