|Location||Napier, Hawke's Bay|
|Listed||Wed 27 Jun, 4:08 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Mitre 10 Mega Napier, as part of Mitre 10 (New Zealand) Ltd, is a dynamic and growing company, with a vision to provide great quality products and the best value and expertise to enable our customers to have an affordable and easy DIY experience. This is your chance to grow your career within our "big box" format store.
This role is within our Flooring and Lighting Department. Flooring can transform a space, whether it's with a wide range of tiles, floor rugs or front door mats and with the evolution of lighting from incandescent to LED.
Reporting to the Retail Manager you will be responsible for maximizing sales and profit within this department through delivering excellent staff leadership, merchandising, stock control and customer service.
This will see you taking accountability for:
- Ensuring customers are the number one priority, receiving the high standard of service they deserve;
- Promoting a team culture that encourages a positive working environment.
- Taking on responsibility for on-the-floor stock, displays, point-of-sale and general standards within your department;
- Contributing to the overall success of the store, actively supporting loss prevention initiatives and process; and
- Other duties as required.
We are looking for people who have:
- Retail supervisory experience;
- Ability to work as part of a team, and provide direction and leadership;
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to think ahead and offer innovative solutions;
- A passion for customer service excellence;
- General computer skills; and
- Ability to manage a varied and busy work load.
Merchandising and solid product knowledge relevant to this department would also be a real advantage.
This is a full-time position where you will be expected to work on a roster basis, working a Sunday to Thursday.
If you believe you are the person we are looking for, please forward a CV and cover letter via this website
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.