|Location||Manukau City, Auckland|
|Listed||Tue 10 Apr, 6:08 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
We are searching for someone who loves timber and building products and can engage with customers providing product knowledge and advice. Key to the role is the ability to naturally engage with customers and deliver a very positive customer experience. If you have an energetic personality and adopt a team approach we would love to hear from you.
The Mitre 10 retail network is NZ based, with each store locally owned and operated. The new owners of Mitre 10 Mega Botany will be working alongside you in the store.
Nationwide, Mitre 10 is the market leader and dominates the Auckland DIY market. Mitre 10 has consistently been ranked as one of the most trusted brands in NZ.
You will be a key member of a significant trade operation at Mitre 10 Mega Botany. The new owners have just begun a major trade upgrade and extension which will significantly expand the trade operation and make Botany 'Best of Breed'.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Passionate about delivering a positive customer experience
- Great product presentation and product knowledge
- Accurate management of stock
- Meeting team sales targets
- Commitment to upholding all Health & Safety procedures
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Energy to burn mixed with a passion and enthusiasm for customer engagement
- Hunger for success and don't mind some hard work backed with some fun
- Innovative and creative thinking
- Strong verbal communication skills (multi lingual skills welcomed especially Mandarin)
- A pro-active "can-do" attitude with a willingness to learn
- Good computer skills
- Attention to detail
- A quick and alert mind with the ability to adapt and be flexible
- Full drivers license is preferred and an F endorsement will be a distinct advantage.
The standard roster is based on a minimum of 42.5 hours per week determined by a weekly roster which includes rotating weekends.
This role represents an exciting growth opportunity to be part of a very well respected New Zealand brand, with management support around coaching, career development opportunities and a structured retail and product training programme.
If you tick all the boxes please prepare a cover letter outlining why you are the person we need to hire, and submit with your current resume.
Only applicants with full entitlement to work in NZ and currently living in NZ will be accepted.
We will acknowledge all applicants who submit a compliant application. Non-compliant applications will not be considered.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.