|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Thu 8 Feb, 4:41 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Join a forward thinking team where you can truly make a difference
- Work with bright minds who are making a significant impact on NZ's future.
- Work at an organisation that drives internal development for their people
Reporting directly to one of four Sector Managers, the Account Manager will work collaboratively with AgResearch scientists and external stakeholders to develop profitable projects that create value for the sector and New Zealand. This will include developing new relationships and opportunities for the sector and portfolio, while providing stakeholder and market intelligence to our science teams and effectively managing relationships with external stakeholders.
This role is based at either our Lincoln (preferable) or Palmerston North campus.
- Identify and engage with new stakeholder/customers that align with organisational strategy and have commercial potential
- Work with science teams to understand the R&D initiatives that AgResearch can offer to deliver to our impact areas
- Understand stakeholder needs and link them with the appropriate science expertise to develop proposals
- Build strong and positive relationships for agreed stakeholders
- Be accountable for developing and delivering specific stakeholder revenue targets in the Business Plan
- Relevant experience in a business development or sales role
- Prove ability/experience in opportunity conversion
- 5 years' experience with stakeholder relationship management
- Knowledge and existing relationships with assigned stakeholders and the industry/sector area
- Excellent relationship building skills with a positive and willing attitude
- Proven skills in collaboration and negotiation
- Be a high performing self-starter
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Beautiful campuses and great Learning and Development opportunities
- Generous leave provisions and access to the group scheme for health insurance
- Income and life insurance and supportive family friendly working environment
- Optional 5th week annual leave, multiple retail discounts and all of Government Westpac banking discounts
How to apply
Closing date of expressions of interest 22nd February 2018.
Click APPLY or contact Megan Skiffington, Meat & Fibre Sector Manager on 027 707 0407 for a confidential discussion.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.