|Location||Tauranga, Bay Of Plenty|
|Listed||Tue 10 Apr, 11:01 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Tradestaff Global supplies temporary staff to projects around the Pacific in sectors such as Construction, Engineering, Power & Energy and Oil & Gas. We are certainly not your stereotypical recruitment agency, we have assisted with Solar Projects in The Cook Islands, Mining Projects in New Caledonia, Construction projects in the Solomon Islands to name but a few. International work comes with a host of challenges including complex onboarding processes, time differences, work visas, international taxation and contingency planning.
We are currently recruiting as one of our staff has been promoted internally recently. Reporting directly to the General Manager - Operations, this is a front-line role where you will be expected to get your hands dirty and deliver results. You will need a high level of business acumen and must have a sense of humor. We have a culture of delivering results, pushing boundaries and being the best, we want proactive staff who have a history of breaking records, not meeting targets but smashing them. We actively encourage our team to challenge the status quo and we live and breathe continuous improvement.
- Leadership - You would be responsible for the day to day direction of the team, making sure everyone is using their time wisely and we are maximising opportunities.
- Recruitment - Recruiting for staff for overseas projects, interviewing, completing background checks, ensuring our clients' needs are met and we are growing the business
- Marketing - Writing ads to find new workers for clients, when no one applies you're your ad for a crane driver, what can we be doing to find one from somewhere? Marketing our candidates to potential and existing clients
- Planning - Knowing the labour market like the back of your hand so that when a client needs someone at short notice we can meet their needs.
- Dealing with people of different levels - one minute you'll be talking to an Engineering Manager in Papua New Guinea about an engineering role we are trying to fill, the next minute you'll be at a function speaking to a government minister about labour trends in the Pacific region.
- Account Management - Dealing with existing clients, understanding their business, their needs and trying to get as many of our staff on site as possible.
- Dealing with Issues - Managing a team of white and blue-collar workers that are in a different country to you can be a challenge, we need someone who can get credibility with our workers and clients, deal with issues as they happen and have the skills to prevent them happening again.
- Administration - As you can imagine sending people overseas involves a lot of paperwork, you must have a good attention to detail and get things right first time.
- Sales - Sales skills are a must, selling jobs to candidates, selling our services to new clients, you must be a natural sales person as Influencing people is critical to the role.
- Sales Research - If someone is upgrading the runway in Guam or building a Hydro Power Plant in Tonga we need to know about it and be speaking to the correct decision maker. We need someone with an eye for opportunities.
- Travel - We regularly travel to see clients and to attend events in New Zealand and Australia. At times, you may be required to visit clients in the Pacific region as well.
- Rejecting candidates - We pay our candidates life changing payrates you need to be tough enough to say no you're not right for the role.
As you can see from the duties this is by no means just another basic role we need a multi skilled, multi-talented superstar to join our team. This role has the potential to grow and develop for the right person.
We will be offering a competitive remuneration package as well as other benefits such as
- Quarterly and annual bonuses
- Employee loyalty schemes
- Days off for your birthday
- Free Parking
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.