|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Wed 1 Aug, 12:59 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Trade Me Marketplace is where consumers and merchants alike buy and sell millions of items each year. Our Marketplace B2C team work with businesses around the world to list their merchandise on our site for Kiwi shoppers to purchase. With a 4+ million online product range, we're now in need of a Merchandising Manager to join our Auckland-based team, with a focus on increasing sales for our professional merchants. A brand-new role, you'll be setting up this role from the ground up, focussing on innovative, creative and effective merchandising for our retail clients.
First up, here's why you'll love life at Trade Me:
- We truly value our people and want you to succeed here, so we offer flexible working, bonuses, discounted health insurance, access to wellness initiatives and a bunch of other good stuff.
- Gain big-brand experience in one of our core business areas which is rapidly growing and evolving with our customers' needs.
- Set up the merchandising and promotional space for Marketplace B2C, taking on the challenge of building this area from the ground up.
Each day brings fresh challenges, but here's a snapshot of what you can expect:
- Significantly increase the frequency and quality of our retail offers to customers throughout New Zealand.
- Gain deep knowledge of our merchants and buyers to improve the quality of our retail shopping experiences and the attractiveness of our deals.
- Work with our sales, product development and marketing teams to help bring personalised product offers to customers on the right channel, at the right time.
- Develop an annual plan for product promotional activity and merchandising opportunities specific to key categories.
So far so good? What we're looking for from you is:
- 3+ years' merchandising experience in the retail industry.
- A solid understanding of the retail industry and related promotions throughout the year.
- A self-starter - as this is a brand-new position, you'll need resilience and flexibility to set this role up from the start.
Trade Me is New Zealand's most influential ecommerce platform and as quintessentially Kiwi as you can get. We are a fun, vibrant and fast-moving place to work, and we're looking for someone who'll thrive in this environment. Check out what it's like to work at Trade Me in our video and if this is the job for you, apply now.