|Location||Manukau City, Auckland|
|Listed||Mon 28 May, 1:12 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Senior member of Innovation & Technical team
- Be part of the plan to achieve accelerated global growth
- Kiwi-owned entrepreneurial consumer driven FMCG company
About the company
This New Zealand-owned company has been in the forefront of dairy based nutrition for over 30 years, delivering their promise of safe and high-quality nutritional and nutraceutical products. It has developed a reputation as a leading innovator, manufacturer and exporter, and has been the recipient of multiple export, business and science and technology awards. Using innovative technologies and ingredients backed by science, they aim to enhance the health and wellbeing of people throughout the world.
As the business grows, particularly into new and emerging markets, there is an increasing emphasis on both Innovation and NPD to enable the Company to achieve its strategic growth objectives. Here is the opportunity to join a dynamic business committed to investing and accelerating its growth strategy.
About the role
As a senior level Product Development / Food Technologist reporting to the Innovation Manager, this position has been created to support the design and execution of new product development and innovation initiatives, from concept to commercialisation.
On a daily basis you can expect to:
- Innovation pipeline development: you will be the hub for idea generation and a screening portal to bring ideas to life.
- Keep ahead of trends impacting the categories in which the business operates.
- Work closely with Sales & Marketing to understand consumer insights and collaborate with wider teams as required (Supply Chain, Operations, Regulatory and Quality).
- Undertake R&D work exploring ways existing products can be enhanced and/or evolved.
- Undertake the day-to-day completion of development projects, including line extension, new products, new processes and productivity improvements. This will also involve working directly with external parties (eg third party manufacturers and suppliers).
Skills and experience
Your toolbox of skills and experience is broad. The essential few you will need to be considered will include:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Food Technology / Food Science / Innovation.
- Minimum 8 years' hands-on experience within food industry. We are open as to which categories you have worked with - our focus is on how you identify and commercialise new product offerings and are not seeking a dairy nutrition or nutraceutical specialist.
- Innovation, NPD, Process and Project Management experience.
- A proven track record in commercialising consumer insights (ideally in overseas markets).
- A positive, willing attitude, contributing and adapting to a dynamic environment.
- Possessing a collaborative approach and superior communication skills, the ability to deal with ambiguity and have an insatiable curiosity and desire to learn.
The role is broad offering plenty of scope and autonomy so will suit someone who enjoys both creative and R&D work along with the day-to-day hands-on activity.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button and send your CV in Word format or contact Yvette Harrison on 021 710743 for a confidential discussion.