|Company||Southern Community Laboratories|
|Listed||Mon 11 Jun, 11:46 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- International career opportunities
- Ongoing training and development
- Subsidised Southern Cross Healthcare
Southland is a vast natural playground with an abundance of wildlife, fantastic facilities, a range of activities and a relaxed pace of life, Invercargill and Southland are family-friendly environments that provide the best of both worlds and are great places to bring up children.
Fiordland and Queenstown/Central Otago are 2 - 2½ hrs drive from Invercargill boasting quality outdoor pursuits, ski fields, sky diving and bungy jumping with Dunedin and its esteemed University of Otago also only 2½ hours north from the city centre. Go to http://southlandnz.com to find out more about our beautiful city.
Southern Community Laboratories, which is a division of Healthscope, has provided doctors and patients in New Zealand with pathology services since 1960 with laboratories throughout the country. Our team consists of talented and skilled individuals, all of whom play an important role in helping us to be New Zealand's leading provider of quality private healthcare services.
After many years working as Head of Department, Patient Services, the current incumbent has decided to retire from her role effective from the end of September 2018. We have 4 Patient Services Centre's throughout the Invercargill area and 1 in Gore, with the main centre based at Don Street in the CBD. We are looking for an experienced manager who will be responsible for effectively managing and supervising the phlebotomy staff and centres. This will involve full responsibility for planning and organising rosters which includes domiciliary services and weekday / weekend staff and ensuring effective relationships are maintained with key referrers and patients.
To be considered for this role you will:
- Be a Qualified Phlebotomy Technician (QPT) or qualified Medical Laboratory Pre-analytical Technician, Phlebotomy (MLPAT)
- Be registered with the Medical Science Council of NZ and have a current APC
- Have relevant phlebotomy experience
- Have previous supervisory and/or staff management experience including roster planning / management and experience managing budgets
- Be available to work flexible hours including weekends, shift and on call if required.
- We would also consider applicants with a Nursing degree and/or background or an Anaesthetic Technician both with supervisory / staff management experience
You will be disciplined and self-motivated with a positive approach to work; customer focused; possess effective interpersonal and time management skills; able to work independently, use initiative to solve problems and make decisions appropriately.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.