|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Tue 12 Jun, 12:01 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- We are Innovative, dynamic and future focused
- Our people are game changing, driven and committed
- We can offer you exponential growth, great staff benefits & opportunities
Our vision is to be the world's most innovative and trusted dairy company. We partner with the best customers and Canterbury milk suppliers to make more from milk. Together, our products deliver the best in human health and nutrition.
Our exceptional people see everything as an opportunity and are always striving to make more from milk. Right now, we are looking for a Senior Packaging Development Technologist to join our team.
As Synlait is growing, and our ambitious strategy is taking off, we are in need of a Senior Packaging Development Technologist. You will be supporting the Synlait innovation and technical team by providing expertise on packaging material specifications, selections, testing and clearance against relevant international and national standards. Conduct Risk assessments and implement processes. This is a varied and exciting position, working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional team. You will have the opportunity to develop and grow your expertise and work for an organisation where we empower our staff. You will have the opportunity to work across procurement, quality, innovation and technical and the operations team, giving you exposure to the whole business to develop implement and change packaging material specifications.
We are looking for someone with the ability to think on his or her feet, get the job done and embrace the dynamic environment that Synlait offers. In order to be successful in the role you will also need to have;
- Tertiary Qualification in packaging Science or Materials engineering related fields
- Advanced Packaging materials experience, emphasis on Bottles, caps, corrugated board with a strong knowledge of Cans, paper sacks and other packaging formats
- Minimum of 8 -10 years working in the FMCG and Supply environment (Essential)
- Experience in food manufacturing environment
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Food Safety and HACCP Systems
- Strong communicator and able to establish and build relationships quickly
- Adaptable and able to work in a dynamic environment
This is a chance to be part of a New Zealand success story. Don't just watch this space. Be in it.