|Location||Palmerston North, Manawatu / Wanganui|
|Listed||Fri 22 Nov, 10:21 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
|Reference||35268 / CAZ010005|
Here at AgResearch we are seeking a Senior Technician to join our Food Nutrition & Health team at our Grasslands campus in Palmerston North. You will join a science team focussed on research investigating how foods affect physiological functions. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to several projects using mammalian cell cultures as a model for human taste or gut function.
The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out laboratory research, co-ordinating, implementing, and modifying a range of research tests/techniques through varying stages of projects and experiments involving mammalian cell culture and some bacterial cultures.
You will be responsible for providing high quality experimental data, analyses and reporting as part of various research projects. You will need to be able to demonstrate an ability to independently conduct technical duties, including planning, data collection and analysis and reporting of results.
What you will be doing
- Collecting, evaluating and reporting on data and research information;
- Carry out laboratory management duties;
- Coordinating resources and equipment;
- Supporting and training other technicians, casuals, interns and visitors;
- Evaluating and reporting on data as directed by the Project Manager;
- Assisting with routine tasks.
Your ideal background
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant science discipline;
- At least 5 years' experience in a related field;
- Experience of research in mammalian cell culture or bacterial cell culture;
- Experience with laboratory management;
- A good understanding of the importance of health and safety;
- A good eye for detail and delivering high quality work;
- Knowledge and interest in New Zealand agriculture and food industries.
AgResearch provide a diverse range of benefits including flexible working options that help our staff balance their own lifestyle and needs with their work commitments. You can view the full list here: http://www.agresearchcareers.co.nz/working-here/our-benefits/
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply online today with a covering letter detailing why you feel you would be suitable for this position.
For a confidential discussion contact Julie Dalziel (Project Leader) on 06 351 8098.
Applications close: Sunday, 8 December 2019 at 5.00pm.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.