|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Thu 8 Mar, 3:15 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
> Friendly working team environment
> Opportunity for career progression
Stellar Recruitment are looking for ambitious, capable and energetic people with a good dose of common sense to join our team. We work hard to be the best, we give it our all and we take pride in what we do.
We are actively seeking Experienced Solid Plasterers to join an established Construction Company on a variety of projects across Christchurch. It is essential that applicants for this role have extensive experience working in all aspects of Solid Plastering, especially on the commercial front.
Duties within your role would include:
- determining plasterboard layout, and installing insulation and vapour barriers
- measuring, marking and cutting plasterboard, lifting and positioning panels, and securing them to walls, ceilings and battens
- preparing corner beads and securing them in position
- fixing pre-cast cornices, panel mouldings, ceiling centres and other plaster fittings
- covering joins and nail holes with wet plaster and sealing compounds, and smoothing them -
using wet brushes and sand paper
- mixing and applying coats of plaster, cement and render to structures using trowels, and levelling and smoothing coats to uniform thickness
- plumbing and straightening corners, angles and wall and ceiling surfaces
- creating decorative textures in finishing coats
applying and finishing acoustic, insulating and fireproofing materials bonded with plaster, plastic cement and similar materials
To be successful in this role you will have:
- NZ Trade Qualification or Equivelant
- Minimum 3 years on site experience
- Atleast 1 year experience in New Zealand as a Plasterer
- High level of quality workmanship
- To be confident reading & working from technical specifications & construction plans
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Your own reliable transport in order to get yourself to and from site
- Able to provide your own hand and power tools
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug test
Ideally we are looking for a highly health and safety aware, positive and hardworking attitude. We are prepared to wait for the right person for this role.
To apply for this role or for further information please contact Matt at Stellar Workforce.
Phone: 03 353 5688