|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Pay & Benefits||Car, phone, laptop|
|Listed||Fri 25 May, 4:54 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
We currently have a vacancy for a highly motivated, proactive and innovative individual to take on the position of Health and Safety Manager for our business which has operations throughout NZ. We are seeking a high performer with a strong work ethic and an open and transparent style, who is committed to driving Argus’ continued improvement in Health and Safety.
Reporting to the Senior Leadership Team, this position will be based in the Auckland region and will require travel to our various branches around NZ from time to time. You must be comfortable working remotely and have a flexible approach that allows you to deal with a wide range of opportunities and challenges.
If you are this person, then you will be required to demonstrate:
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a safety role within the fire protection, building, engineering, manufacturing or construction industries in NZ
• NZ residency
• Prior experience driving change and continuous improvement in Health and Safety
• Thorough knowledge of Health and Safety principles and legislation including the HSWA
• The confidence and ability to contribute to the management of the business nationally
• A natural ability to engage with people across all levels of the organisation
• A naturally inquisitive and proactive approach toward day-to-day issues
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and a high level of computer literacy
• Strong interpersonal and trouble-shooting skills and an ability to deal with conflict effectively
• Project implementation and completion experience
• Post-secondary education will be desirable however not a prerequisite
• A full drivers licence
Other responsibilities within this role will include:
• Lead a proactive health and safety culture within the organisation
• Deliver timely and accurate Health and Safety resources and services
• Assist line managers to ensure all safety issues are managed in line with best practice, company policies, procedures and legislative requirements
• Ensure full induction and relevant training is conducted
• Ensure accident reporting and investigations are carried out to company and legislative requirements
• Lead audits if necessary and ensure all corrective actions are undertaken in an effective and timely manner
The successful candidate will be a people person who is passionate about Health and Safety and clearly embodies Argus’ values. Success in this role is achieved by demonstrating accomplishments and driving positive outcomes. If you're seeking a challenging and rewarding role, please apply online with a covering letter and resume.
Applications close: Friday 22nd June 2018
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.