|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Wed 6 Jun, 6:09 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
SOES is a growing company, involved with Asbestos Removal, Organic Contamination Remediation and Chemically Contaminated Property Remediation. Working under the Switched On group of companies banner, we are a well-established trades' contracting company based in Christchurch with over 30 years' experience and proud of the rich heritage of a family owned company.
The Operations Manager will be fully responsible for the management of SOES team to ensure that the work we carry out for Housing New Zealand and other key clients is to specification and expedited in a timely, safe and efficient way and that the product we deliver meets the legislative and operational standards required in the contract in all respects. Some overnight travel around NZ may be required for scoping / pricing / marketing as you help build the business.
Job responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Health and Safety for the division (under umbrella of group H & S team)
- Business Development, including scoping/pricing
- Financial Management
- Project Management, including risk and audit components
- Leading, coaching and supporting a small team of registered Removalist
- Administrative tasks
To be successful you will need to have:
- Trade or related Qualification essential - Class A/B Supervisor Registered preferred.
- Minimum 5 years significant industry experience in the building industry
- Proven financial acumen in budgeting, cost control and delivering profitability
- Proven experience running multiple projects
- Sound knowledge of NZ building Codes & Council, Heritage requirements
- Sound understanding of NZ H & S legislation with special emphasis on Asbestos Removal.
- Proven leadership skills with a track record of growing teams.
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of data management software as well as Excel spread sheets
- a full and current driver's licence,
- a Criminal History report that will not adversely affect our trust in the staff member
- A clean Drug and Alcohol history Switched On has an active Drug & Alcohol Policy.
If you have stamina and drive for success and you can answer yes to these questions then you could be the person we are looking for!
If you want to find out more about this role or have questions, please email email@example.com and she will make contact with you.
Alternatively visithttps://switchedon.careercentre.net.nz/Job/Searchto apply on line.