Company Design Engineering
Location Timaru, Canterbury
Pay & Benefits $100k plus, mobile ph, company use of vehicle
Listed Wed 14 Mar, 12:26 pm
Type Full time, Permanent
Reference Calibration tech
We are a nationwide, New Zealand owned company with 5 branches. We treat our customers the way you'd expect of a genuine Kiwi organisation. We provide a smart mix of services to suit the needs of industry and we offer a great one stop shop with this service that no one else in NZ can provide.

We currently require a full-time Electrical Calibration Technician to inspect and calibrate electrical equipment including multimeters, resistance testers, clamp meters, earths, gloves, sleeves, sticks etc in our new custom built laboratory based in Timaru. Some field work inspection is also carried out at various places to calibrate and test on site.

Our ideal candidate will:

Hold a current driver's licence
Have Electrical Registration and a current practicing license
Have a minimum of two years' electrical experience
Ideally have calibration or various equipment experience with instruments like multi function meters, HV glove & barrier PPE equipment etc,
Have a good understanding of Electrical Regulations, Rules & Standards
Be able to keep accurate documentation and records
Have good Computer skills and able to learn Procal calibration software
The successful candidate will be expected to:

Be thorough and organised
Listen & understand customer expectations
Maintain the calibration test lab equipment and keep calibrated
Assist other staff in other branches with enquiries
Be offered comprehensive training in using the specialised calibration software and equipment with some overseas training possibly required
If you have the above skills for this position please apply now as this job is ready for you now. A mobile phone, surface pro ultrabook and work use of a VW Van is included in this offer. This is a dual role with another staff member.

Dean Van Buuren
P.O. Box 642
mobile: +64 21737474

Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.