|Company||Advanced Building Services|
|Listed||Thu 5 Apr, 1:30 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
At Advanced Building Services Wellington Limited (ABS) we undertake maintenance, repair, engineering and contracting works on mechanical, electrical and hydraulic services for owners of commercial buildings. Our portfolio includes some of Wellington's most prestigious and technically advanced sites.
Established in 1992, ABS has grown from strength to strength. We have built our reputation on being a highly responsive and credible business based in a fast paced and highly competitive environment. We strive to provide a superior client experience, strong support for our people and to create an environment where high performance and commitment is recognised.
We currently have a vacancy for an HVAC serviceman in one of our service teams. Although the majority of your day would be working independently, you would be expected to lead by example as part of a small service team made up of multiple trades who will also provide support to you when needed.
Working closely with your Service Co-ordinator you will be assigned Planned Preventative Maintenance and Service jobs for the HVAC services of multiple high rise buildings and work to improve building reliability and maintain tenant comfort.
A typical working day would involve attending and resolving service calls using your fault finding skills, undertaking planned maintenance work and reporting maintenance issues arising from that work.
Key aspects of the job include:
• A wide variety of work
• A competitive hourly rate, work vehicle, mobile phone and uniform
• Work will be challenging and rewarding
• Training and strong support will be provided
• Hours of work are 7:30am to 5:00pm weekdays (except Friday being 4:00pm)
• Being part of the after-hours on call team, rostered on-call for approximately one week every four months
Ideal applicants should have the following attributes:
• Ideally a NZ Electrical Registration as either an Electrician or Electrical Technician that holds a current practising licence
• Knowledge of low voltage electrical controls and relay logic would be an advantage
• Experience with commercial air conditioning would be an advantage but not essential
• Be a quick and keen learner
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Good initiative and be able to think outside the box
• Ability to work independently and with other team members when required
• A clean and current driver’s licence
• Able to pass a security check
• Ability to remain calm and clear headed under pressure
• Be a New Zealand resident or hold a valid NZ work visa
• Safety conscious and constantly aware of surrounding hazards when working.
To apply for this opportunity please send your CV to: email@example.com
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.