|Location||North Shore City, Auckland|
|Listed||Mon 9 Apr, 4:21 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
We seek an experienced Switching Operator to assist with the planning and implementation of planned and reactive switching.
- Using industry knowledge to assist with the organising and pre-checking of switching schedules prior to carrying out switching operations
- Performing high voltage switching and isolation of plant
- Initiating communication with site supervisors
- Identifying and reporting any unscheduled work to enable recording of network equipment that is not safe or functional
- Ensuring that vehicles and allocated equipment are kept well-presented and maintained
- Working to achieve key performance indicators (KPI's) and Electrix operational and quality processes
- Completing all required paperwork and records within specified timeframes
- Ensuring that work is carried out to required standards and plans, stopping work if unsafe or not to standard, reporting QSE issues that arise and managing risks in the workplace
Technical Knowledge/ Skills/ Education:
- Qualified and EWRB registered Line Mechanic or Electrician
- Switching experience preferred
- Hands on experience in all aspects of electricity distribution networks
- Motivated individual who has excellent time management skills
- Team player who is willing to go the extra mile
- Able to work independently and without supervision
- Demonstrates a `can-do' attitude and interact positively with customers, business partners and other team members
This position is based in Albany. Attractive rates of pay are available commensurate with experience, together with an attractive superannuation (conditions apply) and company funded medical insurance. Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
In accordance with the Company's Drug Alcohol Policy, the successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test and medical.
We prefer online applications. Once you click “Apply” you will be routed to our career website where you will be required to complete an on-line application. This may take a few minutes.
Applications close Sunday, 22rd April 2018
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.