|Location||Lower Hutt, Wellington|
|Listed||Mon 9 Jul, 11:08 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Experiencing business success with strong project pipelines, we have a need for number of Line Mechanics to join our teams nationwide. Our Depots are located in the regions of Mt. Maunganui, Matamata, Paeroa, Coromandel, New Plymouth, Hawera, Masterton, Whanganui, Palmerston North, Wellington and Dunedin.
Our distribution Line Mechanics provide electricity services including construction, maintenance and fault diagnosis/rectification of all network equipment and installations such as power poles, wires and transformers.
What we offer:
• Guaranteed minimum of 40 hours/ week, plus overtime and other allowances
• A real focus on a safe work environment
• Health and Wellness benefits which include, free annual health checks, flu vaccinations and workplace assessments
• Discounted insurances and banking options
• Travel and accommodation discounts when you need it most - on your personal travel
• Flexible working options which helps you maintain your work-life balance
• We provide continuous learning by offering industry recognised trainings
• A varied, challenging role. Where else can you find an opportunity like this?
As a proven specialist in the power distribution field your previous experience will demonstrate your technical ability, a commitment to producing a quality job every time and taking pride in your results. In addition you will have:
• Line Mechanic Registration and current Practising License
• NZQA Level 4 or equivalent
• EWRB registration or meet requirements to apply
• Relevant competency tickets/licences
• Current Full Drivers Licence, ability to drive a manual vehicle.
Downer Line Mechanics are highly regarded and regularly recognised at industry awards and competitions – you’ll be working with the best!
Click apply now to register your interest in a future career with Downer and tell us your preferred work locations. Or visit www.downercareers.co.nz and enter job reference number – 551536.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.