|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Fri 13 Jul, 1:59 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
• Reputable Company
• Fantastic working environment
Our client is a leading Contractor in the electrical Distribution industry in New Zealand. They are committed to delivering quality focused contracting services nationwide.
Our client is seeking experienced Electrical Fitters in the Power network, Substation and Maintenance areas who have sound technical knowledge of the Power and local network systems, procedures and standards. Experience in both high voltage and low voltage would be preferred.
The successful applicants should have the following:
• Current EWRB Practicing Licence as a Registered Electrician
• Level 4 National Certificate in Electrical Supply (Electrical) or equivalent and relevant network certifications
• A strong understanding of Network Protection
• Experience in Construction and Maintenance of high voltage equipment
• Experience in reading and interpreting Utility Plans
• A good understanding of the value of health and safety in the Power industry environment
• Have excellent communication skills and can relate well to others
• Neat and tidy work habits
• Full Class 1 New Zealand Driver’s Licence
You will enjoy working on a mix of rural and urban projects. Work is predominantly in the Otago region although some out of region projects may be required.
The successful candidates will need to pass a pre-employment medical which includes a drug and alcohol test.
Our client encourages initiative and quality results. They are supportive of staff and have a strong Team philosophy. If you thrive on working in a social, team- based culture and enjoy the opportunity of developing your own skill base, if you like variety in your work and being acknowledged for your contribution then we look forward to hearing from you.
What they offer:
• A competitive hourly rate
• Career progression, training and development
• A modern well-maintained fleet of vehicles and plant
• The latest tools and equipment
• Wellness initiatives – including flu vaccinations
• A work life balance
• Social Club
• Access to subsidised medical insurance
Overseas applicants must have New Zealand Citizenship, Permanent Residency or a valid New Zealand work permit.
To apply, please use reference #5242 and forward your CV and cover letter in Word format via this website or email to: email@example.com