|Listed||Thu 26 Jul, 5:20 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
WEL Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of WEL Networks who owns and manages the electrical lines network in Hamilton and the greater Waikato area.
We are responsible for providing the full range of field services required to maintain a highly reliable electricity supply to over 89,000 homes and businesses.
We now require a person with the aptitude, attitude and experience to join our highly skilled team in supporting distribution network services.
We are looking for an experienced Tradesperson with ideally at least three years' experience in the installation and commissioning of distribution assets.
You may be either a Registered Cable Jointer or a Registered Electrical Fitter and your duties will:
- provide distribution network services including cable jointing, for repairs, maintenance and construction on WEL's network
- install and commission distribution assets including Transformers and RMUs
- operate HV and LV distribution assets
- respond to and repair network faults by participating in a 24 hour callout roster.
To be successful in this position you will:
- demonstrate an uncompromising commitment to workplace safety
- be registered with the EWRB and hold a current practicing licence
- have ideally at least three years' experience with HV and LV equipment in a distribution environment
- Have a sound knowledge of restoration of fault damaged lines, installations and cables.
WEL offers a competitive package and a professional working environment - we look after our people.
We will help you with relocation expenses if you are moving into our area and our staff benefits include fully funded medical and life insurance!
If you feel this role is a good fit for your current skills and future aspirations, please submit an online application at www.wel.co.nz - where you can also see a detailed position description.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.