|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Thu 23 May, 6:01 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Rocket Lab's mission is to revolutionise the way we access space and with a successful launch at the beginning of this year, we are well on track to reach our goal of launching a dozen missions in 2019! We develop and launch advanced rockets to put small payloads into orbit more frequently, at a fraction of the cost of traditional launch services. This is where you come in.....
About the role
As Rocket Lab evolves, so does growth and opportunity across our company. An exciting position has opened to join our Avionics team as a Harness Technician. This role will suit somebody who is passionate about working collaboratively in a team environment but also is comfortable working autonomously. We encourage you to bring your creative ideas to the table, suggest any improvements that can be made but also display aptitude to follow instructions. You will excel in this role if you have an appetite for learning and actively take on jobs that fall outside your schedule.
- Fabricate, assemble and test high quality, high reliability wire harness and electro-mechanical assemblies
- Tasks require use of cabling tools such as soldering irons, crimping, torquing, potting and harness foam boards
- Testing tasks require the use of a multimeter and automated testing equipment
- Precisely follow quality inspection and manufacturing work instructions
- Recording work in the shop floor management system (MRP)
- Continuous improvement
- Assist with the development of production processes for the first-time production run
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- A very high level of attention to detail and the ability to produce work to an exceptional standard of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to read, understand and follow manufacturing instructions and drawings
What's in it for you?
This is a great opportunity to take ownership and really make an impact working with some of the brightest minds out there! We are the global leader for small satellite launch, and this is thanks to our fantastic team and inspirational CEO - to be part of this is something truly extraordinary. Based in Mt Wellington, Auckland, this comes with a range of staff benefits including subsidized lunches and an on-site gym.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar.html.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.