|Company||Tech 5 Recruitment|
|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Pay & Benefits||$18-$20 p/hour based on experience|
|Listed||Wed 9 Oct, 9:00 am|
|Type||Full time, Contract/Temp|
Our commercial clients require a number of general or skilled labourers who hold a current Site Safe Passport, or labourers who are willing to sit a Site safe course as soon as possible. The course is becoming an important aspect of construction and civil roles across Canterbury, so if you hold the qualification, then it is your key to an unstoppable career!
Tech 5 can offer:
- Competitive rates
- Full PPE kit
- Career support
- On-going work
- Casual Holiday Pay
- Flexible Hours
What are the roles on offer?
This role is perfect if you are still figuring out what your career path is, whether it be in the construction industry or in the civil works. It will involve a lot of physical labour so being fit and injury free is very important to making the most out of your work days.
You will be placed on a variety of commercial projects across Christchurch, where you will gain experience in an array of construction tasks. Your day to day activities will include:
- Shoveling and transferring debris
- Digging holes
- Lifting timber and other materials
- Clearing the site of trip and slip hazards
- Preparing the site daily for tradesmen
- Observing tradesmen and assisting them when required
Want to climb the career ladder? We have opportunities for skilled labourers with at least 2 years’ construction or civil experience to work alongside qualified tradesmen and learn from the best. This is your chance to get your foot in the door for a construction career of your choice.
Your role will be packed with learning opportunities and will include:
- Basic hand and power tool use
- Assisting tradesmen with tasks
- Delivering materials between sites
- May involve some forklift use (for those with appropriate certificate or endorsements)
- Learning about and helping with many different aspects and stages of construction