|Listed||Tue 6 Mar, 9:27 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
What is the Role:
The role consists of a wide range of activities within the Water environment including:
• Maintenance of pumps and machinery,
• Operational checks of sites,
• Performance checks for treatment systems and laboratory testing.
The successful applicant will need to be willing to learn, have a positive outlook and lots of energy, as this is a physically demanding role. You will also need to be safety conscious, have the ability to learn quickly, follow instructions and take direction.
SICON’s maintenance contract covers the entire Selwyn District which is from the Rakaia River to the Waimakariri River and from Arthur’s Pass village to Lake Ellesmere. Truly a spectacular and beautiful area to work in.
What SICON requires from you:
- Class 1 Full licence or restricted at a minimum
- Be reliable and enjoy being involved in a variety of works
- Have a good attitude towards Health and Safety
- Own reliable transport to get to and from work
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and ongoing drug and alcohol testing
- Background in civil/trade work would be beneficial but not essential
What SICON can offer you?
- Security and longevity in your employment
- Great team environment
- Competitive remuneration
- Training and the opportunity to gain qualifications which include WTR endorsements, working at heights, confined space entry, first aid and traffic control.
- The opportunity of training to a National Certificate level in Water Reticulation would be offered, once experience and knowledge levels are accomplished and achieved.
If you are looking for a good opportunity with a great company, which has a sustainable, positive future in the Selwyn District, then contact us at SICON in the first instance.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.