|Listed||Fri 25 May, 4:30 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Alderson Poultry Transport Ltd has been providing chicken handling and poultry transport services to New Zealand’s leading poultry producers since 10+ years and is looking to add Reliable, hard working and motivated individuals to our workforce.
This is an entry level management position requiring good staff management skills.
It is expected that the employee will have existing management training/qualifications.
This position requires the manager to organize their crew (Catchers) on a daily basis, including carrying out Inductions and onsite training for new and existing staff when required. You will need to optimize the performance of the crew and keep to the daily time schedule, in this roll you will be responsible for a work vehicle and be required to transport your crew from the yard to each site, and from one site to the next. Out on site you will be the sole person in charge and responsible for the whole operation. This is a hands-on management role that will require you to work closely with your forklift driver and catching crew (Catchers) inside the chicken sheds as well as daily admin duty’s.
• Setting up the sites and sheds as per our requirements and STPs.
• Ensuring that STPs and all the protocols are in place and being followed,
• All PPE and safety gear are available and used.
• Ensuring the fleet and vehicles have all required equipment on board.
• Coordinate with the Growers/Farmers as and when needed.
• Report/inform any significant changes to the night operation.
• Handle incidents and accidents as and when they happen and file reports accordingly
• Excellent time management skills
• Excellent staff management skills
• Keen eye for detail is vital, and a drive to work to a high standard and motivate staff to do the same.
• Good command of the English both written and verbal
If you think this is something that interests you, please email us your CV and we will respond back to you.
PROPER TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED BEFORE COMMENCEMENT OF JOB.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.