|Listed||Wed 13 Jun, 3:30 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
The successful applicant will need to be physically fit, have a driver’s licence and be able to use tools and light machinery. Must be comfortable with living in a remote environment and be capable of working autonomously as well as part of team.
Previous work in electrical, mechanical, plumbing or carpentry fields would be an advantage.
For this position experience may be preferred over qualifications.
To be successful in this role you will have:
• ideally a trade orientated background
• the ability to manage your own work load and focus on the priorities
• a talent for cost effective repairs to equipment and buildings
• physical fitness and enjoy working outdoors in all weather conditions
• An understanding of and adhere to heath & safety regulations
• Chainsaw skills an advantage
As a Trust, our goal is to protect and preserve the natural beauty of the place for generations to come, whilst providing guests with an accessible wilderness experience. You will need to embrace this vision as you will use it to guide you when making decisions and setting priorities.
Our work here is seasonal with busy summers and quieter winters. We need someone who is not shy to pitch in and help out when needed and who pulls together and supports the rest of the team over these busy times.
Could possibly suit a couple, with housekeeping /book keeping/relief management possibilities available for the other half.
A full Job Description available on Request.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.