|Location||North Shore City, Auckland|
|Pay & Benefits||Work on truly interesting projects|
|Listed||Wed 9 Oct, 4:09 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Nothing is more important to Babcock than the safety of its people, customers and the community in which we work. With the motto of 'Home Safe Every Day', we have an uncompromising commitment to health and safety.
Babcock New Zealand currently has an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced Sheetmetal Worker to join our experienced team based at the Navy Base in Devonport.
About the role:
- Working as part of a team of highly skilled Sheetmetal workers, you will maintain, repair & overhaul our clients assets, whilst working from drawings and technical information
- Develop patterns, lays out, makes, installs, and repairs a variety of sheet metal articles and products
- Utilising hand tools, power tools and measuring equipment in an efficient, safe, cost effective and quality based manner
- Provide peak load support to other units as required
- From time to time, overtime may be required to complete work to schedules
- Plans and lays out work from blueprints, drawings, and other specifications
- Selects materials, equipment, and tools to be used
- Sets up and operates a variety of sheet metal machines such as shears, brakes, bending rolls, etc.
- Cuts, bends and forms the sheet metal into desired shapes, allowing for seams, joints, laps and shrinkage
- Joins parts by riveting, soldering, and spot welding and assembles and installs with bolts, rivets, metal screws, and other fastenings
- Uses hand and power tools of the sheet metal trade
- Polish the finished article
- Check the quality of the finished product
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate some of the following types of skillsets and experience:
- Skilled with a variety of welding techniques (Manual, TIG, MIG, etc.)
- All rolling machinery
- Light Metal Work
- Common understanding and use of multiple metal and steel types
- A good level of written and oral communication skills with proven experience in writing reports on faults, maintenance and commissioning
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, a cooperative, team player
- Current forklift license
- Current 'C' Class manual drivers licence
- Good verbal and written communication skill
- High level of attention to detail
- Able to Demonstrate high levels of understanding of and adherence to the Health and Safety practices and regulations
- Be physically fit especially with regards to heavy lifting and stretching
Babcock's dockyard facility is located within the Royal NZ Navy's, Devonport Naval Base on Auckland's North Shore. This picturesque location is ideally positioned for anyone who may wish to use the Devonport or Stanley Bay ferry.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force Security Clearance.