|Company||Tauranga City Council|
|Location||Tauranga, Bay Of Plenty|
|Listed||Thu 10 Oct, 10:01 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
This position is one of importance and responsibility. You will be in charge of the day to day running of the cemetery ensuring a high standard of customer service and presentation of the grounds is kept.
You will also be responsible for providing day-to-day guidance, and advice to your direct reports and to work as a mentor, manager, and to directly supervise. You will also oversee and manage the operation and maintenance of the Cemetery grounds, burial and cremation activities in the delivery of a high standard operation on a 6 day roster.
Due to the nature of this position you will require a high level of resilience and discretion, exceptional communication and relationship management abilities and be happy to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in tasks that may not necessarily fall in to the job description but are essential for the smooth running of the Cemetery.
As well as the requirements outlined above the successful applicant will need to have:
- Proven ability to lead a team effectively
- Experience in grounds maintenance
- Wheels, Tracks and Rollers qualification is preferable but not essential
- Effective communication skills
- Experience and confidence to deal with people at all levels both internally and externally
- Highly organised and efficient
- Good working knowledge of Health & Safety
- Knowledge of the relevant legislation
- Customer focused approach
- A high level of attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
This is a unique position that needs someone with the above skills and experience, compassion and a natural ability in dealing with people.
For more information, refer to the detailed position description attached.
Applications for this opportunity close on 1 November 2019.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.