|Company||Department of Corrections|
|Location||Wanganui, Manawatu / Wanganui|
|Listed||Fri 8 Feb, 4:46 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
We are seeking candidates who:
- Are passionate about helping others
- Are good role models within their community
- Understand and demonstrate the kaupapa values of the Department- Whanau, Kaitiaki, Rangatira, Manaaki and Wairua
- Possess skills and experience relevant to working in a varied and challenging environment
- Demonstrate strong integrity and safety awareness
The role of a Corrections Officer is about influencing offenders to make the right choices, take the right action at the right time and support their pathway towards an offence-free lifestyle. Our Corrections Officers, both men and women, come from all walks of life and bring a wide range of attributes and life experiences with them. In this job your contribution counts and you can have a positive effect on the lives of others and public safety. It’s more challenging, more interesting and more rewarding than you can imagine.
To be eligible you need:
- A current full New Zealand or international driver licence (must be able to drive a manual vehicle as a requirement for this position).
- The legal right to work in New Zealand for a minimum 24 Months
- The ability to pass a full drug test and medical assessment
- Approval of any declared convictions or conflicts of interest in accordance with the Corrections delegations policy
We are looking for a diverse range of candidates, from different cultures with varied backgrounds and experience. For more information, please visit www.frontlinejobs.corrections.govt.nz .
All candidates need to be available to attend an Assessment Centre on the 25th February 2019 in Palmerston North.
Starting salary of $51,490 increasing to $54,001 after initial training. All candidates are required to complete a full disclosure criminal history check and pre-employment medical, physical and drug testing .
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.