|Listed||Wed 13 Jun, 4:38 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Are you passionate about trucks?
- Want to work in a warm well-resourced workshop with a modern fleet
- Keen to join a highly motivated and experienced team
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Heavy Diesel Mechanic/Service Technician to join our Clandeboye Fleet Services Team. With your passion for heavy vehicle repair you will enjoy working in a state of the art, well-resourced workshop ensuring our fleet is kept operational while maintaining the highest standards of Service/Repair, Legal obligations and Health and Safety practices. Your proactive approach will also see you driving continuous improvement initiatives across the workshop to improve task efficiency and tanker reliability.
Leading technology and cutting-edge processes are the components you'll find to build a great career within Fonterra. We know the best equipment needs the best people looking after it - practical and efficient problem solvers.
Key areas of responsibility include:
• Diagnose and repair of complex electrical & mechanical faults on amodern European Trucks
• Service and maintain our Milk Tanker fleet to a safe and legally compliant standard
• Ensure Fonterra's internal standards and processes are met
• Take a proactive approach to improving and maintaining tanker reliability
• Be involved in problem solving significant faults and failure trends
• Maintain a safe, tidy and organised work area
This role typically operates on a 4x4 roster with 12 hour shifts (2 days/2nights followed by 4 days off) but can vary in hours and pattern throughout the season dependant on workflow.
You are a dedicated individual with a strong work ethic, positive can do attitude and highly developed problem-solving skills. Your solid heavy vehicle mechanical and electrical systems experience will stand you in good stead. You will also be confident in the use of electronic diagnostic equipment and ideally you will have worked on Volvo Product.
Other key skills and experience include:
• A heavy vehicle automotive trade certificate (Level 4 or equivalent)
• A clean Class 5 drivers licence
• Highly engaged team player with ability to communicate well and build strong relationships
• Strong Health & safety and hygiene focus
• Competent using computers to create work orders, access online manuals, operate diagnostic equipment.
The Clandeboye Fleet Services team repair and maintain a fleet of 76 truck and trailer units operating 24/7 throughout most of the year, the site is one of the largest production sites within Fonterra producing a wide range of products including butter, cheese and milk powder. If you are looking to join a great team and like a challenging yet collaborative technical environment, we want to hear from you – apply today!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.